Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe and Turkish Delights!

We have surely entered the times of movie-adaptations with the LOTR trilogy and the run-of-the-mill Harry Potter movie series.

I went for the matinee show of The Chronicles of Narnia today. I’ve been waiting to see this movie for a while now ever since I saw the poster at Inox announcing its release.



Got a call from Stephen at 9:45 am telling me to rush to the theatre for the 10am show coz he had a ticket for me. By the time I left my place it was already 10! I finally reached the theatre at 10:25am, picked up my ticket from the gatekeeper and rushed into the hall exactly at 10:30.

Luckily I hadn’t missed much as the fun had just begun with the kids having discovered Narnia in their wardrobe.

The movie was a real treat to say the least. The character animation and the battle scenes were amazing and the scenic beauty of New Zealand added to the aura of Narnia. The story seemed to be rushing a bit but that’s what you expect when an epic saga is ported to the silver screen.
The gospel allegory and symbolism was also hard to miss with the innocent lion ruler Aslan’s sacrifice for the guilty Edmund depicting the sacrifice of the sinless Christ for guilty sinners like us. The kids have also done a very good job in portraying their characters. I must say I loved the beaver with his British accent!

This is definitely one well made film that will leave you waiting for the next installments to be released and is well worth watching on the big screen.

My rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

_dirtboy said...

they wont need no advert now on, i guess