Monday, March 27, 2006

The one with taps and memory loss...

Its been long since my last post but im back. Been so caught up with my project work for the past few days it seems like I'm doin nothing else.

Lots has happened over the past ten days.Saw a couple of movies with friends... read some amazing comic books..had a couple more near fatal accidents but escaped unscathed...studied ALL NIGHT for a test that got postponed indefinitely the next morning...etc. etc.

On the project front..we finally got our design sorted out and getting down to coding...even though we were supposed to be done with our finished product ages ago.

Watched 'Syriana' in the theatre and walked away feeling robbed of my intelligence. Thats an absolutely awful movie that made no sense to me whatsoever. It was basically 6 stories running in parallel that failed to converge very well in the end.
Favourite dialogue in the movie: Matt Damon's son says, "I want Pig bacon!" and I replied in my heart..."So do I!"

Ever wondered...why is it that the taps in most restaurant wash basins never run properly? (example Burger King in Camp) I mean they just trickle even when opened fully! Its so hard and frustrating to wash your hands under the few drops that do come out. Is the restaurant actually making a profit by depriving the customers of tap water??

Well that aside..my memory seems to be failing rapidly these days. Last sunday, my project mates and I met with our guide and came up with a new idea for our product's design. The next day when we sat to implement the same design...my mind was blank! I couldnt, for the life of me, remember what we had discussed the previous day. Even though my mates ran me thru the design again it seemed all new to me!

Now this isnt the first time that this has happened to me. When I had my second major bike accident, (head-on helmet-less collision with another bike) I was knocked out cold. When I came to a few minutes later...I actually went thru the whole Bollywood routine of "Main kaun hoon?" and "Main kahaan hoon?".
The guys who helped get me off the road asked me my name and I couldnt remember it!! I bet they were as freaked out as I was....I mean it spells one thing for certain...Brain Damage!! But I have managed to make a full recovery from the accident...i think :p

Yup...pretty scary stuff!

Apart from that, the weeks been pretty good. Gagan came back from his 4 day long holiday in Kuwait...with cookies for me!! YUM!

More coding and project work to look forward to in the coming week.

PS - Mom, if your reading this... dont worry about the brain damage part. I'm absolutely fine!

5 comments:

_dirtboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Switchblade said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
teacup said...

memory loss...ahhha...ask me!! it's like i dun remember wat mom said a few minutes back!!! and i have had like some 6 accidents..all bad!! but luckily i nevr had to say"main kahaan hoon" hehehe...though i think the damage is already done!!:(

Switchblade said...

@yashita:Its been 8 accidents for me so far but none of the others were as serious at the one I mentioned. :p

@opinionated:Thanks. Well actually I'd be lying if I said that I didnt like all of Syriana. The part of the Jihadi was very well portrayed by Mazhar Munir, though the rest of the Pakistanis spoke with very wierd accents.

ishipishi said...

i wish i wz there to witness the "main kaun hoon"...lolz..sure u've recovered??!...

i haven't had an accident...as such...and u had 8??! and yash had 6??

ur post had me feelin hungry too...(happened wid arnab's post too)...u sharin those cookies??