Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Resolution

The Christmas season has come and gone and the new year has been ushered in. Having had another accident on my bike recently I think my new year's resolution should ideally be to not fall off my bike anymore. I doubt if my body can take anymore of this torture. This time I got away with just a few minor bruises and a stitched up knee.All Thanks and Praise goes to God for saving me from serious or even fatal injury!

What surprised me the most was that my mom actually allowed me to get back onto the bike after it came back from the garage. I was convinced that i'd have to travel by bus for the rest of my student days.
This time the accident wasnt my fault!! Stupid Indica driver overestimated my ESP. I was supposed to sense that he was about to turn his vehicle into my path . Probably thats why he didnt take the truble of indicating the turn.
Maybe i should refine my resolution a bit since 90% of all my accidents are not my fault at all. (the remaining 10% will no be discussed here as they fall out of context of this particular post!)

I,Royston, therefore resolve to assume that every unknown driver on the road is daft until proven otherwise. Better safe that sorry!

1 comment:

teacup said...

hehe, I absolutely agree wid u...about the "90% of my accidents are not my fault"...ditto wid me...but guess no one will believe the unfortunate likes of u and me!